Cryptotux is a Linux image preconfigured with crypto and blockchain tools for development and education.
Cryptotux is currently supplied as .ova images that can be directly imported into VirtualBox or VMWare.
It is particularly suited for workshops. Username is bobby, password is bricodeur.
Cryptotux is open source and can be found on GitHub. 🐙 ➜ Fork us!
In a nutshell
- Bitcoin node, tools and repositories for compilation (bitcoin-cli, bitcoind...)
- Development tools : Node.js, Go, Rust, Git, Vim, Emacs, Visual Code Studio
- Package & container management: Npm, Docker, Docker-Compose
- Tutorials, models and educational bookmarks
- Ethereum Dapps initiation tools (Brave, Geth, IPFS ...)
- Complete lightweight environment (based on Ubuntu 20.04 with LXDE)
- Commands to install dencentralised projects environments (Lightning, Tendermint...)
How to use it ? The easy way
- Install VirtualBox or a VMWare client (and activate VT-x/AMD-V in the BIOS if needed)
- Use "↶ import appliance" in VirtualBox
- Launch cryptotux with "➡️ Start"
- Desktop version, interact visually ! Keyboard layout and display resolution can be changed via links in the taskbar
- Server version, connect via
ssh email@example.com , password is bricodeur or open a browser at http://192.168.33.10:3310
- Alternatively use
bash <(curl -sL https://cryptotux.org/install) to install it on top of an existing installation
- Additionnal instructions
Feel free to contact us : firstname.lastname@example.org